ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS!
Sponsored by Green Hills Communications and the Foundation for Rural Service (FRS)
The Purpose of this scholarship is to help further higher education among rural youth and encourage college graduates to return to rural areas after graduation.
• Must be a graduating high school senior.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Student must reside with parent or legal guardian who receives at least one service through Green Hills Communications.
• Those signing up for Green Hills services during the application process can still apply, however they must keep the service for at least one year.
• Student must be enrolled in a two or four-year accredited college, university or trade/vocational school.
• Student must have at least a C grade point average (2.0) and express interest to return to rural America following graduation (does not have to be interested in a telecommunications career).
• Students must be sponsored by Green Hills Communications and have a Green Hills Manager sign the application.
Application Packet Requirements:
• Completed application endorsed by a Green Hills Communications manager
• 300-word essay (detailed requirements are listed on the application)
• High school transcript
• Educator’s statement
• Additional letter of recommendation
Mail all of this information to Green Hills by February 16, 2018:
Address: Green Hills Communications, Attn: Sherryl Garcia, 7926 NE State Route M, PO Box 227, Breckenridge, MO 64625
• 3 copies of your completed application packet (includes all items above)
In the event a winner is not chosen from our service area for the $2,500 scholarship, Green Hills will use the third application for a $500 scholarship sponsored strictly by Green Hills. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges.
• After the application packet has been approved and signed by Green Hills, then Sherryl will mail it to FRS for you.
Contact Sherryl Garcia at 660-644-5411 if you have questions.