Personal Web Hosting
When you sign up for Green Hills Internet service, you receive 10MB of free storage space for your personal home page. This space is great for family pictures, hobbies, etc. If at any time your personal home page is used to generate monetary profits, you will be contacted, enrolled in and billed for the “Web Value Package.” FrontPage extensions are not available with personal home page hosting.
Utilizing Your Personal Web Space
- Open your source folder with the files that are to be copied to your web space. i.e. My Pictures, CD, Memory Stick.
- Log in to your personal web space at ftp://ftp.greenhills.net.
- Enter your Green Hills login and password, and click Log On.
- If a folder called public_html appears, skip to step 5. Otherwise, right click in the empty folder, click New, then click Folder. Name the folder public_html (all lower case).
- Click on the public_html folder, it should be empty unless you have used it before.
- Click and drag or copy and paste the files you would like posted to your personal home page.
- Once the files are in the folder, they are considered posted to your personal home page. Your page can be found at www.greenhills.net/~yourusername.