Helpful tips to prepare your computer or laptop for working at home:
- Do a speed test. You should have 3-5 Mbps for each device connecting to the Internet at the same time.
- Test your connection wired directly into your modem and compare to your wireless speed results.
- Be aware of hidden bandwidth users and initial buffering.
- Make sure you are using a high-quality dual band router & pay attention to the location of the router.
- Keep the software on your device up-to-date to avoid security issues.
- Install an Anti-Virus program and keep it up-to-date.
- Use caution when opening attachments, so you don’t download a virus or spyware.
Click here to learn how to keep your and your company safe when working from home.