Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for Lifeline & Disability Discounts?
You may qualify for Lifeline Discounts on your telephone or broadband service if you or someone residing in your household participates in one of the following programs:
• MO HealthNet (f/k/a Medicaid)
• Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (Food Stamps)
• Supplemental Security Income
• Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
• Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
• 135% of the Federal Poverty Level
The Low-Income program offers discounts ranging from $9.25 to $24.00. To apply for the Lifeline discount, visit www.checklifeline.org.
You may qualify for Disability Discounts on your telephone service if you or someone residing in your household is blind or disabled and receiving benefits from one of the following programs:
• Veteran Administration Disability Benefits
• State Blind Pension
• State Aid to Blind Persons
• State Supplemental Disability Assistance
• Federal Social Security Disability
The Disabled program offers discounts up to $24.00 per month. To apply for the Disability discount, please contact Green Hills Communications at 660-644-5411.
Participation is limited to one discount per household.
Do you have any disability assistance services?
CLICK HERE to learn about services for customers with disabilities.
What do I need to do before I start digging in my yard?
Always call or visit the Missouri One Call System website before you start digging. It’s easy. It’s Free. And it’s the Law!
How do I add my telephone number to the No Call List?
Residential subscribers have the right to object to receiving commercial solicitations from telemarketers. Subscribers in Missouri can register their number by calling toll free 1-866-662-2551 or going to the No Call Registry. Subscribers can also register with the National Do-Not-Call List by calling toll free 1-888-382-1222 or going to the Do-Not-Call website. Placing your number on the Do-Not-Call registry will stop most, but not all telemarketing calls.
When is my Telephone payment due?
Invoices are dated the 7th of each month. Payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. Bills are past due if not paid by 8:00 a.m. on the 25th of each month. Delinquent notices are processed and mailed on the 25th and late fees are added to those services. Delinquent notices provide the date payment must be received before services will be suspended for non-payment.
What should I do if I have telephone trouble?
If you find that your telephone is not working properly, you could possibly avoid unnecessary charges by checking the following before contacting Green Hills Communications:
- Is your phone plugged securely into the jack?
- Are all the phones in your home placed securely on their base? If not, this could cause them to be offline or off the hook.
- Check to make sure your phone has not quit working by checking the dial tone on each phone. Unplug all phones from the line. Plug one phone in. If you have a dial tone, then continue plugging one phone in at a time to check for a dial tone. If you plug one in that has no dial tone then that phone may need to be replaced.
- You can also check dial tone by changing out your cordless phone with a corded phone.
If these steps do not fix the problem then report trouble by contacting our office at 660-644-5411 during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) If it’s after hours then call 1-800-554-5688.
Where can I get an extra phone book?
We have distribution centers throughout our service areas to make it easier for customers to get an extra phone book.
Brookfield Chamber of Commerce
Cameron Chamber of Commerce
Carrollton Chamber of Commerce
Carrollton Carroll County Trust Coompany
Carrollton Bank 21
Chillicothe Chamber of Commerce
Chillicothe State Bank
Gallatin BTC Bank
Marceline US Bank
Marceline City Hall
Norborne Goppert Financial Bank
Norborne Home Savings & Loan
Richmond Chamber of Commerce
Trenton Chamber of Commerce
Trenton Farmers State Bank